Friday, March 7, 2008

what a week

OK, it is time for one of my condensed versions of our week.

Mon - I got a spider bite within one hour of getting my allergy shot. The double dose of toxin in my body caused hives all over. My chin, lips and nose go numb. I spend 3 hours in the ER. Get pumped full of prednisone & benadryl. When lady next to me says she has been there 6 hours I wait for rash to go away and then I leave without seeing a Dr. Go home exhausted. Go to bed. Brandon wakes me every hour to make sure I am alive.

Tues - Rash comes back. It is 9pm so I just take some benadryl & go to bed. Brandon wakes me every hour to make sure I am alive.

Wed - Wake up and my left arm is numb. Like I slept on it ALL night. Going to tell Brandon about it when he calls & says his Mom is being rushed to hospital for heart palpitations (she is fine now) So, I don't say anything. I call my Dr. and they leave me on hold so long I give up. By noon I am sure the feeling isn't coming back. I tell Brandon, he comes home & it is back to the ER. They hear my symptoms & I get into the back right away. Except there is some special lunch thing going on at the hospital so I sit in my room for 1/2 hour waiting to be seen by anyone. What is wrong with hospitals? They suspect a blood clot at first. They test, no clot. They do CT, all clear. They do urine test & EKG. All clear. Get diagnosis of peripheral neuropathy. Which basically means nerve damage. I do the dangerous thing and google the diagnosis. Don't google a medical condition. The website has me convinced that my arm will be useless forever. Oh yeah, Brandon woke me every hour this night as well.

Thurs - wake up and feel pretty good. One hour later the numbness and pain are back. This was the 11th anniversary of the day Brandon & I met. So, we have a special dinner with the kids and the usual "Did you imagine 11 years ago that we would be here" conversation.

Friday -Wake up worse. Numb, in pain and it is spreading. Now into my neck, cheek, ear and parts of my leg. I'm not gonna lie. I was afraid. I went to see my Dr. He said that he thinks it is a reaction to all of the toxin in my body and should be OK in a couple of weeks. He puts me on high does of prednisone. 7 pills on Friday. Of course taking that much prednisone kind of freaks Brandon out and he wakes me every hour..... to make sure I'm alive.

Saturday - I can feel!!! I woke up feeling like a new person. Hopefully this toxin will work it's way out of my body while the prednisone does it's thing. We went to Olivia's birthday party and the kids got full of cake & junk and had a great time! Brandon let me sleep this night, but it was daylight savings, so I lost an hour anyway.

We gave Connor a new bike on Wednesday. I will have pics up of Connor with his new bike & Hudson riding Connor's old one later in the week.