Monday, April 4, 2011

Our weekend...starts with hockey & ends with puke!

FRIDAY: Friday night we had hockey clinic for Connor. Usually we take Hudson and he spends most of the time complaining so this time I dropped Hudson at Brandon's shop & they had man night. I stayed at hockey & took Connor out for a treat after. SATURDAY: Saturday morning Connor had a hockey game, but this weekend we were off of soccer. Ok, I know I've said it before, but I like hockey so much better than soccer. Why you ask... 1) At soccer I have to bring chairs. Hockey provides chairs 2) Soccer= hot sun beating down on us & need for sunscreen. Hockey requires jacket. 3) Soccer = dealing with coach parents who know NOTHING about soccer & take forever to set their kids up & report you to the league if you cheer for your kids too much when their team is losing. Hockey=parents cheering for a good play even if it wasn't their kids who made it because it is such a difficult sport we are all impressed & happy for the kid who finally learns how to lift a puck. 4) Soccer = packing lunch/ snacks in a cooler. Hockey is at RDV. There is a restaurant @ RDV. I can get dinner there. There is also hot chocolate...in August. You can't argue against hot chocolate, don't even try. 5) Soccer = my kids running top speed into another kid wearing only shin pads...REALLY shin pads??? Soccer is more violent than football at times & they wear shin pads! Hockey has my children covered in pads from head to toe. I could list about 10 more reasons, but you get the point. After hockey we had a birthday party. The kids had fun. When don't they have fun? Saturday afternoon we got out the chainsaw & cut down some trees & bushes. (Boy do I have some pics for you from last weeks storm). Sat night Bruce & Kathy joined us for dinner & to hang with the boys. SUNDAY: Sunday we were back to another hockey game, straight to Sunday school, service, then back to hockey for lessons. Then we came home and sat on our butts for an hour & watched cartoons! Then it was date night for me & Brandon. We did what all smart parents do...we ran errands without the kids. It was wonderful. Then we were off to lobster fest! Yummo. About 10pm Connor walked out of his room COVERED in puke. Apparently Hudson walked over to Connor's bed, thought it was the toilet and puked all over him. Connor slept through it & didn't notice until he woke up to pee. GROSS. Thankfully puke doesn't phase Brandon. He cleaned Connor (Hudson was spotless, of course) & then he hosed off all the sheets & blankets & even started laundry. I love that man!