Tuesday, September 30, 2008

No Pictures Please!

You know those days when you look less than your best and you leave the house anyway, thinking "I wont see anyone". Well...... let me tell you about today. I was up early, thank you Hudson. I started making a list of everyone to call with our address change. I started making boxes to pack stuff in. I even started packing. I stayed in my sweats and did NOT shower. Erin called and wanted to stop by and borrow a book. No problem, she has seen me at my worst before. Then Brandon called and wanted me to bring Connor to the shop so they could build an instrument together for music class. I decide I will just throw on yesterday's jeans and a big t-shirt and who cares about no make up. We go up to the shop and Brandon & Connor make a steel drum. We leave there and I take the boys down the road to where we will be renting a house and we run into the grocery store there. As I am walking up to the plaza I recognize a woman walking towards me as the anchor from the evening news. The man next to her has a camera. That's right, I am about to be on the news with no shower, no make-up and less than flattering clothes! She asks if I have any children in the dance studio next door. I say no. She then says she will fill me in on the situation and would like me to comment on it. I said no thank you and ran the other way. I wanted to scream "no pictures" and run away as if i were the accused! You better believe that will be my last no make-up trip for a while.