Wednesday, February 25, 2009

update

Quick post.

We are moved into our rental house. Did you just hear me sigh? This has been a LONG journey to sell our house. The rental isn't ideal, but we are making the most of it. Connor loves it because it is green and green is his favorite color. Ryan and Olivia want us to buy it since there is a pool and a fire pit (wood burning stove) inside. Hudson just keeps saying it's "perfect". We love the neighborhood. We are in a cul-de-sac with a bunch of families. We know many people in the area and it only took 3 minutes to get to church on Sunday.

The move went as good as could be expected. Better actually. 15 friends / family showed up to help. Janet & Larry brought coffee and donuts. Some friends brought pick up trucks, some brought trailers and everyone was happy to help. We were done from start to finish in 4 hours! There were so many of them coming out of the truck with boxes & furniture I had to just stand at the end of the truck and tell everyone where everything went. This was OK with me as I had already spent the entire week moving stuff. I had the entire kitchen set up, the master bedroom closet set up and all of the toys moved over by Friday (thanks Brett).

Tonight my Aunt Betty & Uncle Doug are int town from California. So I am sure I will have lots of pics to post this weekend.

Oh I just remembered that last weekend was Connor's first soccer game. His team won 20-4 and he even scored a goal!! Then on Sunday he scored a goal at hockey. Thank goodness he got some of Brandon's jeans!