Saturday, February 28, 2009

Betty & Doug

Last week my Aunt Betty (Dad's sister) came to visit along with her husband Doug. I haven't seen Betty in 12 years and I've never even met Doug. They have never met Brandon and obviously were anxious to meet Connor & Hudson. I knew we were in for it when Betty didn't even make it to the front door without crying! The first night they spent a little while just getting to know the boys. Then on Thursday we just did a little of everything. We went to the park, stopped by the shop and of course they took the boys shopping for new toys!! On Friday they joined us for dinner and play time with the boys. Then on Saturday Doug & Brandon took the boys on a canoe trip. Betty and I went to breakfast and then watched our wedding video and looked at pictures. Then we went to dinner without the kids. We had a great visit and everyone totally clicked! We couldn't get over how alike we all were. The kids fell in love with both of them and have asked about them all week.

Me & my Aunt Betty!The kids just loved them!They gave Uncle Doug a run for his money!!
But he never gave in!So, Betty, I know you read this every day and I just wanted to say one more time how awesome it was to spend time with you and Doug. Reconnecting with family is wonderful. I have missed you and I love you very much...after all...you helped mold me into who I am today...my evil twin!