Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Adventures in dressing rooms

OK...Stop the messages..I know it has been a while. I went to NY and when I came home all 3 boys were sick then I was sick, then we had a bunch going on in the Real Estate Department (more info soon). So, to start back let me share a story with you.
The other day I stopped at ROSS to get Connor some socks for hockey. They were having a big dress sale and I just wanted to look. I bribed the boys with gum, cause that's what good parents do. I spotted a couple of cute dresses. So, I started to weigh my options. Call Pops and come back or just bring them in the dressing room. I have not brought the boys into a dressing room since they were in strollers. For good reason. First I hate when kids are all cranky in a store and the Mom's are oblivious. Second I try not to torture the boys with girly activities. But, there were lots of cute dresses for under $20....obviously an emergency! I asked the boys permission and they agreed to help me pick out a pretty dress. So we took a few into the dressing room and I pulled off the dress I had on and as loud as possible Connor said "Mom, you are in your underwear!". On the bright side he told everyone I was wearing underwear.....on the other hand HE TOLD EVERYONE I WAS WEARING UNDERWEAR!!! I could hear the other women giggling. Then I tried on a dress on the shorter side and Hudson said "Mom, you can't have that dress, it is too short!". Ahhhh....BOYS!