Sunday, August 30, 2009

traffic school requires much concentration


While I write this post I am technically in traffic school. I opted to take the 4 hour course so I don't get any points on my license. Luckily they have it on-line. Unluckily you must take 4 hours to do it. Really it is a big waste of time, but since I am still recovering from surgery I am on restriction on what I am allowed to do so I have 4 hours to kill. So, while I wait the remaining required 23 minutes until I can click to the next section of the class (this section is 25 minutes, but I finished the quiz part in under 2) I figured I would update you on the past week. One warning....apparently after anesthesia I am a little fuzzy (Erin keeps telling me it is cute). Hopefully I will make sense. Actually now that I think about it, why make sense....I'll just do one of my favorite quick update posts that requires no real form. And we all know how I love to ramble. So here I go....

Surgery went great, healing quickly

Pops took care of the boys Tuesday and Wednesday, meals delivered by Deacons from church

Thursday Kathy and Tara took care of the boys (& me). Best homemade pizza EVER for dinner!

Friday Kathy took care again and B took the boys to meet the teacher (Mom guilt setting in). Judy & Kathy took the boys to lunch, playtime & swimming. Breakfast for dinner (YUMMY). Then Kathy, Bruce, Tara, John & Judy took the boys over to the new house since B was there getting quotes and they all wanted a look. Dr. John met them there and we got a bunch of great feedback about the house. I love seeing it through other peoples eyes.

Saturday B played with the boys and then Pops took them to lunch and swimming and he and Grammy took them to play. Then we all had dinner that Erin brought over. Chicken & dumplings....YUMMY!

I have finished the first of the Sookie Stackhouse novels. Erin gave it to me before surgery as it was an easy read and well she knows how much I like vampire stories. Very different from Twilight, but I like it almost as much. Starting book 2 today.

This morning the boys and Brandon headed out to church, then Sunday School then straight to the last day of hockey/skating. Later today Brandon is going to do some wiring at the house and Erin is going to bring the kids by so they can all swim together and then she is making flank steak for dinner.

Yesterday was Erin's (sister in-law) baby shower. I hated missing it, but she understood. Can't believe in under 2 months I will get to hold our new nephew...oh and find out what his name is! The boys are currently calling him Thunder Horse!

We had the house re plumbed and are currently getting quotes on a new roof and new AC system. Brandon is having to do all of this without me (wife guilt setting in).

I guess that is the past week in a condensed format. Tomorrow is the first day of school and I am having major Mommy guilt about not being able to drop the boys off. Katina is coming by tomorrow to help me out and of course bring us a Pot Pie!

Off to traffic school!