Monday, February 22, 2010

Team USA

Last week was basically a throw away week. I was so sick. I really can't remember a time when a cold kicked my butt like that! I am feeling much better today and have lots of catching up to do this week. Hopefully I will finish the Christmas posts (before Easter, new goal!) and I have to write about seeing my cousin Holly. But for this morning I just wanted to share my conversation with the boys on the way to school this morning.

We were talking about the Olympics. They have loved watching every second of it. They love every sport. Though snowboarding has been their favorite.

Connor: Mom, can we try snowboarding?
Me: Sure, when we go to New York later this year.
Hudson: Mom, will you buy us a snowboard?
Me: No, we will rent them.
Hudson: Come on Mom, you can get us one on Ebay.
Me: (laughing, and ignoring the Ebay comment) Do you want to do snowboard racing or do tricks like Shaun White?
Hudson: Racing.
Connor: Tricks, but Mom, I'm not ready for the Olympics yet, so can I just go to practice first?
Me: Yes
Connor: I'll save the Olympics for when I am a teenager.
Me: Good plan.