Monday, April 28, 2008

No More Cribs

Our home officially has no more cribs. Hudson has been out of a "crib" for over 6 months. Actually he has been in his crib with the side taken off. I am not a fan of the toddler size bed. But now he is in an actual twin bed. He loves it. I bought him some great soft sheets and he told me that his bed is nice & fluffy. It made me a little sad realizing that is probably the last time a crib will be up in our house. sniff sniff.
So, I was thinking about potty training. I asked Hudson what he thought and he said "I don't like potty's". I told Connor that every time Hudson uses the potty, they both get M&M's. Connor is motivated to help his brother. Here was their conversation on the way to school.
Connor: Hudson, how 'bout when I get home you use the potty
Hudson: No
Connor: Oh, come on, for me?
Hudson: No
Hudson did watch Connor the other day & then used it and they both got M&M's and all was right with the world. I told Connor that if he potty trains Hudson for me then I will buy him any toy he wants at the toys store. Wrong. Smart, but still wrong!