Thursday, April 3, 2008

The terrible 2 at the zoo

Today we met some of Connor's school friends at the local Zoo. They opened a splash zone for the kids with lots of fun sprinklers and water fountains. Connor enjoyed it, but Hudson just wanted to walk around it. He wanted to water to be warm. Welcome to 2 years old! But, more on that later.

Connor had fun with Ethan & Louis. Plus Ethan has a little sister, Eliza who is 1 month younger than Hudson. The kids all played well together for the most part. Ethan's Mom, Tracy told me she would e-mail me the pictures she took, so I am sure I'll be sharing those soon. Like you haven't seen enough pictures of the boys at the zoo.

Ok, so I think, maybe, possibly, Hudson has entered the terrible 2's. I hate to even say that out loud. Connor never went through the terrible two's. Then everyone warned me that the 3's would be worse. But he really didn't go through those either. Their personalities are so different. Connor is a pleaser. He always wants to be good and gets very upset if he thinks he is in trouble. Hudson, notsomuch. He does not care about being in trouble. That is scary. All he wanted to do today was RUN. And usually it was not in the direction that everyone else was going in. Plus, he has been whining lately. This drives us crazy! The kid can talk in full sentences. There is NO reason to whine. We have already started to try and curb this behavior. I just hope Hudson gives in before we fall over.