Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Hudson!

Dear Hudson,
Happy Birthday little man! Oh wait, you hate nicknames. Sorry, Happy Birthday, Hudson! Whenever anyone calls you anything besides Hudson you look at them and say, “NO…I’m Hudson!”. You even growled at the cashier at the grocery store once for calling you sweetheart. I am having a hard time believing you are 3 years old today. It seems like just yesterday you were a little baby. OK, truth be told you were never very little. But that is truer now than ever. You are wearing the same size shirts as Connor. You are a tank. In fact, that’s what we call you. Tank Woods (we just don’t say it to your face). You are strong. So strong that when you run across a room to hug me you knock me down almost every time. You are athletic. You learned to ride your bike without training wheels this year. Last night you rode 4 miles! You want to learn how to roller blade so you can play hockey just like Connor. Oh, and you are already pretty good with a soccer ball. You are also smart. Your vocabulary stops us in our tracks sometimes. I love that I can talk to you like a child much beyond your years. Sometimes this probably makes me expect more from you than I should. But more often than not you don’t seem to mind.

You remind me so much of your Daddy. You look like him, act like him, have the same mannerisms and all of the same gross habits. Luckily you also have his ability to think for yourself. You do not follow the crowd. Though, sometimes that means you don’t follow Daddy and I either…were working on that! When Daddy and I talked about having more babies he was afraid he wouldn’t have enough time / energy / love, etc. But since the second he met you he has made more than enough of everything! You love helping your Dad do anything. If he is home you are never more than 2 steps behind him saying, “Dad, can I help you?” Luckily his rule is you can always help! I really hope you are able to remember how much time Daddy spends with you. I keep wondering when he is going to ask for “me time”, but he never does. He always has full confidence in your abilities. While most kids your age have to stay behind while their older siblings get to go have the fun, your Daddy always takes you along. You have even gone canoeing with them!

I told your brother that he won the Daddy lottery. And you, you lucky boy… you are doubly blessed. You not only have an awesome Daddy, but you have an amazing big brother as well. I pretty sure you already know that. You idolize Connor, and luckily he is a good example for you. Sometimes he tortures you, as any good big brother is supposed to do, but he really does love you. This year the 2 of you have started playing together, not just next to each other. Sometimes I hide and enjoy watching you become friends. People are constantly stopping me to tell me how cute you are. They always comment on your eyes. Everyone you meet falls in love with you. You also get this trait from your Daddy! I am already bracing myself for the day when the girls start calling! But for now, I will enjoy being the woman you love (sometimes I have to share you with Olivia, though!).

Happy Birthday Bubbalou!

I love you!

Love,
Mommy