Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

Dear Brandon,
Last year I wrote a post about what a great Dad you are and I didn't want to just do a repeat of last year. So, I figured I would steal from my idea of writing the boys a yearly birthday letter and write you a yearly Father's Day letter.

Let me start by saying Thank You! Thank you for all you do. I don't even know if I could write it all down. I really want you to know that I appreciate the devotion you have to our family. I can't imagine where you get the energy for all you do. I appreciate that you work so hard every day so I can enjoy the gift that is being a stay-at-home mother. I am so happy that it is just as important to you that one of us is home with the boys. I also appreciate that you see the need for me to escape them sometimes! When you are home you are truly plugged in. This is a rare trait with some men.

This past year I have had the pleasure of watching you teach a class of 3 and 4 year olds about God. I knew you were a gifted teacher from our experience with the middle school and high school kids at church. But teaching the little ones is where you really shine. Who would have guessed that a room full of preschoolers could tell you the story of Moses? While most people think small children can't do things, you always believe in them.

In the past year you have taught Hudson to ride his bike without training wheels and got him started roller blading. You have taught Connor how to roller blade better than I do! (not sure if that is saying much) You have also taught Connor how to read. Your patience is unreal.

I feel truly blessed that I get to be the mother of YOUR children. And what lucky children they are. Thank you for being an amazing father and husband to us everyday!

I love you.
lene