Thursday, December 3, 2009

Dear Barrett

Dear Barrett,

Welcome to the family! This note is long overdue as you are now 7 weeks old. Years ago I thought your Mommy was about to tell me she was expecting a baby and I immediately started crying. As it turned out she was saying something totally different, but that moment let me know just how much I was waiting for Connor & Hudson to have some cousins who lived in town. In February when your Mom & Dad let us know that you were on the way my reaction was pretty much the same. In fact, I think I screamed out loud! It was great to be able to watch your Mommy grow while she waited for your arrival. I will never forget the night you were born. Your Daddy kept me updated through the whole process with text messages. And when I woke up in the middle of the night there was the news that our newest nephew was here. It has been fun getting to know you over the past few weeks. I have known your Mom & Dad since they were teenagers and it is a privilege to watch them move into this next phase of their life. They finally get to know the secret that all parents know. The secret of unconditional and immediate love. The term "love at first sight" is often used, but only a parent truly understands the meaning. Only a parent can understand what it means to meet your child and instantly know you would give anything to protect this little baby in your arms. God has blessed you with wonderful, loving parents who will always have your best interest at heart. You also have a great extended family on both sides. Connor is anxiously awaiting the day when you can "play". Right now he doesn't really know what to make of you. Hudson on the other hand has been enamored with you from the moment he laid eyes on you. He is obsessed with buying you shoes of all kinds. Even though I keep reminding him that you wont be walking for about a year! Your Uncle Brandon and I are so excited to get to be a regular part of your life. We will always be here for you when you need us. We love you bear!
Love,
Aunt Ilene (I know that's hard to say, so if you want to give me a nickname that's OK with me!)

Barrett 12 hours old
Hudson loves Barrett!This may not be comforting, as he loves Connor very much and this is what he does to him!The Woods' Boys! (minus Pops, Uncle Damon & Tucker)