Tuesday, December 15, 2009

You might be a red neck....

I grew up in NYC and didn't even have a clothes dryer until I was almost 15, but I never really thought I would need to relive those days! On Tuesday our dryer broke. I looked up the "symptoms" online and repaired it. It worked for 1 more day and then on Wednesday it officially died. Brandon took it apart and brought the part to work with him. Did I mention that there was a load of the boys clothes in the washing machine when he did this? I had set the timer the night before and forgot about it. So, when I woke up there was a load of clean, wet clothes waiting for me. I got right to work making a clothes line. I used kite string and tied one end to the light on the side of the house and the other end to the gutter. This, by the way is a bad idea! As soon as the line was full the gutter began to pull away from the house. I managed to get it hooked up to a piece of wood on the side of the house and repair the gutter. Laughing at myself the entire time and constantly checking for the "candid camera"! Thank goodness it did not rain that day. I am left wondering how we hung clothes for all those years! This was no fun!