Sunday, November 25, 2007

The fridge

I forgot to mention that on Thanksgiving evening I noticed that the refrigerator wasn't quite cold enough. That's right, with all of those yummy leftovers the fridge broke. Luckily we have another refrigerator in the garage. So, I moved as much as I could into the garage fridge. The compressor was still working, & the freezer was still working, but no air was getting into the refrigerator side. On Friday Brandon took it apart and figured out the problem. he ordered the part & it should be here on Monday. I can't imagine what I would do if Brandon didn't know how to fix these types of things. I guess a $100 repair would become a $500 repair or a $2000 new refrigerator.


I stayed away from Black Friday. I only ventured out to Walgreen's to get wrapping paper. I have done most of our shopping online and it has been wonderful. The UPS man knows to hide the boxes from the kids and the FedEx man even carried their big gift into the garage for me & helped me cover it so the kids wouldn't see. That really beats fighting the crowds!