Sunday, November 25, 2007

Our Week

Thanksgiving threw my blogging for a loop. I really intended writing a big "what I'm thankful for", blog, but right now I am thankful for my husband taking the boys on a bike ride so I have a few moments to blog. So I will just do one of my famous quick updates.

Last week was busy. So busy I actually forgot to get my allergy shot.

On Sunday night we went out to dinner with Brandon's parents & Justin & Erin. It has been a very long time since we all went out without the kids. It was nice to sit around & talk without cutting any one's food but my own. Our friends Bruce & Kathy (Tara's parents) watched the kids. Actually the picked the kids up, took them to Chuck E. Cheese and then home for bath's and bedtime. Connor's only complaint was he didn't have enough time to play with Kathy & Bruce. The kids had a blast.

On Monday I hired Amelia to come over and play with the kids so I could get some stuff done around the house & then she stayed with Connor while Hudson & I went shopping for Thanksgiving dinner. It was her first time alone with Connor. They both did great!

Tuesday was back to the Dr.. Hudson was given the all clear from the Dr. When Dr. C walked into the room Connor said "Hi, how's your Porche?" I think he heard me complaining that after this month we have paid for the Dr.'s Porche. Dr. C thought it was hilarious. I love our Dr. FYI, Connor is also much better. His cough is just about gone.

Wednesday Erin, Ryan, Olivia, Connor, Hudson & I all went to the park for a picnic & some play. Erin & I both stay indoors most of the summer, so we enjoyed the cooler weather at the park. Wednesday night Brandon took the boys out & I started the prep around 6:30. 3 hours later I sat down.

Thursday morning my amazing hubby took the kids out to breakfast and didn't return for 3 hours! He & Brett decided that if they stayed home Erin & I would just give them chores, so they took all of the kids to the park to play. 3 hours alone in the house made my morning go so smooth. I wasn't stressed at all. Thursday afternoon we had Thanksgiving dinner with Brandon's parents, Justin, Erin & our friend Julie. The only picture I took was of the turkey. Why do we take a picture of the turkey every year? It always looks the same. That's it, this is the last turkey picture. It was 27lbs. The biggest one I have ever made. Everything came out great (if I do say so myself). I love cooking Thanksgiving. It was always my favorite holiday. I still wonder how my Nanny cooked for 40 people, in her pajamas, smoking a cigarette, not breaking a sweat, with one oven & everything was hot & delicious at the same time. She made it look easy, that's for sure!