Monday, November 12, 2007

Have you ever slept on the back porch for your anniversary?


This past weekend was full of fun and strife. Lets start with the fun. Sunday was our 7 year anniversary. Wow... That went FAST! Saturday night we headed over to our anniversary restaurant, The Melting Pot. It is a fondue restaurant and the place where we got engaged. The best part is you can not possibly complete your meal in under 2 hours and no one rushes you. Plus there is a big bowl of chocolate for dessert. What could be better? After dinner we went ice skating. We haven't skated since before we had kids. Those of you who know me best know that I practically lived at an ice rink in high school. We decided we need to start skating more. Plus, Brandon even said we should get the boys on the ice soon. Well, at least Connor. I would love it if the boys learned how to skate at an early age. I would also love it if they play hockey. I like hockey. I understand hockey. Hockey is played indoors. No playing outside in 100 degree weather worrying about sunscreen and how to keep cool. I can always put on a jacket to get warm. I am not a huge fan of soccer. I know Brandon played soccer and played it very well. I will be a very supportive soccer Mom, but if they decide they want to try other things I will secretly do a happy dance.

Friday night around 1am Connor woke up crying. He ended up sleeping on top of Brandon. (not typical for us). Saturday he had a fever and didn't feel like doing much of anything. We decided to go out to dinner anyway as Brandon's parents raised three boys and can certainly handle the situation. He ended up throwing up in bed and Brandon's Mom changed his sheets & got him back to bed. He woke up in the middle of the night with the "croupy" cough. The only thing that made him feel better was the cold night air. So, my wonderful husband set up a lounge chair and slept on the back porch with Connor on top of him. Sunday wasn't much better. Sunday night Brandon slept in the family room with Connor so they could leave the sliding door open. Monday we headed over to see our Dr. and found out that Connor has an upper respiratory infection. So, he is one a nebulizer treatment every 4 hours, plus a host of other meds. And the fun continues!