Sunday, January 28, 2007

Monster Trucks are cool


Last night Brandon and Connor went to see the Monster truck show at the local football arena. This show is a huge deal in our town. It is the "super bowl" of motor sports. Luckily I was allowed to miss it. However Connor, Brandon & 14 other dads & sons went together. First they all met at pizza hut. (poor pizza hut) Connor thought that was great. Then they got to take a shuttle bus from the parking lot to the arena. Connor thought that was great. You see, every time Connor sees a school bus he asks me if he can take a ride and I tell him it will be a long time before he will be able to ride a bus. Brandon said the entire ride Connor just kept repeating "I'm on a bus, I'm on a bus". Too cute! Then they got to see the monster trucks run for about an hour and a half. Connor thought this was great. They left early as it was already after 9pm. Since there weren't any shuttle buses back to the parking lot they got a rickshaw to take them there. Our city has them for free. All you have to do is tip. Connor thought this was great. So all in all Connor thought this was the best night ever. I have never seen him so excited. And for all of those concerned, yes he did wear protective ear wear.

I have always thought of the truck show as kind of a red neck type of thing, but not any more. I guess now I see it as a little boy type of thing. So, if you have kids, this is one event that can't be missed. Next year we are going to try to get pit passes for all the kids so they can see the trucks up close.