Thursday, January 4, 2007

My Favorite Rooms

Here are some more pics of the house. First, the ever popular laundry room. The washer & dryer were my Christmas gift last year. I know some of you are probably thinking bad gift, but it was exactly what I wanted. I pretty much buy myself anything I need throughout the year, but I would never buy a new washer & dryer (ours worked fine & the washer was only 2 years old) But Brandon knew that I really coveted these. So here they are. This is my first real laundry room. Not a closet & not in the garage. We put up some shelves & I think it looks great.


Here is another exciting room. Our master closet. Well, it may not be exciting to you, but if you know me then you know why i like it. It is so organized! Brandon's parents gave us the system as a house warming gift & it took Brandon and his Dad 8 hours to put it together, but it was well worth it. We were able to fit all of our clothing in it so we don't have any dressers in our bedroom, which makes our room look BIG. Notice how all the shoes are neatly put away in clear bins on top of the closet. I know my friend Amy is laughing right now! What can I say... I love organization! Next is all wooden hangers. But I am waiting for Ikea to open here in the fall to buy those.

And now for my real favorite room in the house... the Kitchen. I really love this kitchen. There is so much cabinet space. If you have ever been to our old home you know that this kitchen had a lot to live up to. Our old kitchen had 2 big pantries, a huge island & 2 sinks. So, I wasn't sure how I would ever love a kitchen as much. Well, the beautiful counter tops & extra large cabinets have made me fall in love. There is only 1 sink, but I am OK with that & the 1 pantry is working our just fine. I love all of the counter space & the bar is something we didn't have in the old house. I also love that the kitchen opes up to the dining room. We didn't make a separate dining area we just have 1 huge room for our kitchen/ dining / living & I really like it. We decided to make the separate room a family room. The only thing I would ever change about this kitchen is the color of the appliances. I would love Stainless Steel. But, the builder did not offer that as an option. So, we will enjoy these for a few years until I can convince Brandon that a change is necessary. (Good Luck!)


The family is well. We just found out that we had another record breaking year at the shop. Connor started back at school today. He was so excited to go & Pop picked him up & now has him at Wendy's for a frosty. It is their special treat together once a week. Hudson is teething pretty bad, but he is still in a good mood. After all, he is Hudson! I took him to run errands today and as usually he charmed everyone we met. We spent New Years eve at home with the kids and our friend Julie. We actually made it to 11pm. Happy new year to you all!