Friday, September 7, 2007

Our week

Tuesday Pops came with me to pick up Connor at school. He wanted to meet the teachers as he likes to pick Connor up a couple of times a month. Then he took us all out for ice cream. And then he did the best thing of all... he told me to go do whatever I wanted to. I love that man! I went and ran a couple of errands. It is so much easier without the kids. I am amazed how much faster I am able to do things when I am alone. No strapping in and out of car seats. No stopping at the toy department to "just look". No stopping to see if they are giving away cookie samples.
Wednesday I was do for my next round of allergy testing, but Pops had a scheduling conflict so I rescheduled until next week. But he had already told the boys he would see them so he came over for a little while. While he was here I was so productive. I hemmed the curtains for the master bath, made a new curtain for another window and hemmed the curtain for the boys bathroom. I am so domestic!
Yesterday Connor had school again. He & Orion (a kid in his class) got into "a little trouble". That's Connor's story. So, I immediately made a play date with Orion for next Friday. I figure if this is the kid he is getting in trouble with he must be fun to play with.
Today my friend Beth came over with her 2 kids, Kyle (1) and Kelsey (almost3) They are each 4 months younger than our boys. Brandon & I worked with her and her husband Josh in the McDonald's days. I haven't seen them in 3 years but we ran into each other at Monkey Joe's. We had a great play date. We had planned to go to the park but it started to drizzle. So we stayed here, played outside, had lunch & played some more. The kids played great together! They had so much fun. Our parenting styles are similar. I wish I had taken a picture of Connor & Kelsey. They even hugged & kissed goodbye. Very cute. She cracked me up. Kelsey likes to be naked. So, she spent an hour of the play date with her shirt off. We convinced her to leave her pants on. I promised her that I would tell her about it when she is 16.