Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Labor day weekend

This is the first time in a while that I can remember Brandon having 3 days off in a row. This is exciting, but also scary. Brandon has a hard time just relaxing. In fact he can not relax for more than 20 minutes. He must be doing something. So, the thought of entertaining him for 3 days is worse than the thought of entertaining the kids! Usually I would just come up with a project. But, I wasn't prepared this time. Labor day just snuck up on me. If I would have remembered, I would have certainly had a permit pulled for a major construction job.

On Saturday Brandon & Connor went to Home Depot to pick up some paint brushes for me & while they were there HD was putting on a workshop for kids. Connor got to make a football coat rack. He got a free project apron and he was very excited that he got to use a hammer. The day was filled with errands. We have 3 birthday parties this month so we went and bought all of the gifts. We took the kids out to dinner and then I was brave enough to take all three of them grocery shopping. They spent the entire trip stealing & hiding my grocery cart from me. It would be easier to leave Brandon home next time.

On Sunday Brandon took Connor to church. Hudson & I stayed home as I had a hard time sleeping the night before. Hudson & I went back to the grocery store to complete my list that I had given up on the night before. Brandon parents came over to enjoy some BBQ and family time. I made a low fat / low calorie strawberry shortcake dessert and it turned out great! Brandon's Mom works for weight watchers so i am always very mindful of what I serve. We were all set to take them to the club to watch the kids swim. We got our bathing suits on, the kids suits on, their sun screen on, towels & toys packed and went outside to get in the truck and bam.....thunder, then lightning. No swimming! The worst part was that it never even rained! It just thundered for 2 hours.

Monday was a full day! We woke up and I made us my famous egg sandwiches. Well, they probably aren't famous, but they are Brandon's favorite breakfast and he only gets them a few times a year. We headed to the pool early. Then , of course we stopped by the stables to see Kobe. We inquired about pricing and figured out that we could either board a horse or buy a BMW. We will have to make that decision later. Next we came home for lunch and then headed right back out to Monkey Joe's for some bounce house fun. Then back home for naps, dinner and back out to a local park to feed ducks & play. I only remembered my camera at the park. He are some cute picks from the park.