Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas Magic

On Saturday we spent sometime with a photographer at a local park. The pictures should be ready in about a month & I will share them then. Later that evening we got a call from Brett & Erin that a friend of theirs was stopping by to say hi to the kids & since we live around the corner, our kids might like to join them. Check out some pics of their friend with the boys:


He was so kind & gentle. He let the kids take their time & come to him when they were ready. It took a while, but when Connor mustered up the courage he walked up to Santa & said "I'm Connor, I'm 3". Santa put his hand under Connor's chin & said "Let me look into your eyes". They stared at each other for a second & then he whispered something to Connor. I guess that will be their secret. I looked over at Erin & her eyes were full of tears & so were mine. It was such a sweet moment. Then he told Santa that we wanted dinosaurs for Christmas. Hudson's moment was more funny than sweet. Santa walked in. Hudson ran up, yelled "trains please", and then ran away. Later I bribed him with a cookie to sit on Santa's lap. He & Santa had a laugh over Santa trying to steal his cookie.

This was one of the best memories I will ever have. Thanks Brett & Erin for letting us share in such a great tradition!