Monday, December 17, 2007

Pancakes & Poop

On Saturday morning Brandon, Connor, Brett & Ryan all went over to church to help put together the nativity set. Our church does live nativity and it is pretty cool to see. Erin & I took the little ones out to breakfast. We had plans to go to this great place that specializes in breakfast. When we go there the line was out the door. Since we had 2, 21 month olds we figured we better head someplace else. As we drove away Hudson started crying "pancakes, pancakes". So, we had to go somewhere with pancakes! We were on our way to Perkins when we passed Friendlies. Erin & I were not excited about this, but I was pretty sure they had pancakes. Turns out Friendlies has a pretty good breakfast and the kids behaved very well. As we were finishing breakfast Hudson kept pulling on his chair & saying 'poop, poop". So I asked him if he wanted to go to the potty & he said yes. I took him & he went. Did I mention that I haven't started potty training yet? Brandon's parents have often told the story that at 26 months Brandon walked into their room wearing his brother's underwear & told them he was done with diapers. They never had to potty train him. If Hudson potty trains himself I will not only faint, but I'll buy the kid a car. (a matchbox one of course!)