Monday, June 16, 2008

Dentist time

We got up early this morning. Wait, who am I kidding, Hudson was in my bed at 6:30, so really only Connor had to get up early. We were out the door by 8am to get the boys to the dentist. They both did great. Connor goes in by himself and he got x-rays and a cleaning and a fluoride treatment. He was so excited about the toys he got to pick out and a new toothbrush of course. Hudson did awesome too. He gets to stay with me and the Dentist does an exam with him on my lap. He said that Hudson was so well behaved and comprehended so well that he might let him get a cleaning next time even though he wont be three yet. They were so good I took them to a park that they love up the street from the Dentist. With gas prices so high we don't go there very often. It's about 1/2 hour away. After play time I took the boys out to lunch. Since Connor was the one who had the x-rays and work done I let him choose. So, it was Chinese food. Yeah. I am so glad he isn't really a McDonald's kid. Plus, all three of us can share a meal at the Chinese place for $7. Can't beat that. They were so well behaved all day I was starting to get a little cocky about my parenting skills. Then they snapped me back into reality while they fought almost the entire ride home. They tortured each other. I think it is time to move Hudson's car seat to the other side of the car. Either that or one of them is going to have to ride on the roof!