Saturday, June 28, 2008

I found the strength

The kids took swimming lessons last Mon - Thurs and this past Mon - Thurs. Last week I did not have the strength to write. Each day last week one or both of the kids freaked out and screamed through the lesson. I could almost, I said almost understand Hudson. But Connor will be 4 next week. He KNOWS how to swim. That was just annoying. I tried to bribe them by bringing them each a pez dispenser. It didn't work. We took them swimming in the evening and they would swim great. Needless to say it was frustrating. Finally this week they turned the corner and swam great for the instructor. Connor has been able to swim across a pool for 2 summers now. And you should see Hudson. He loves to jump in and swim to us & then back to the wall. Sometimes he does it 20 times in a row before we tell him to teak a break. I've got pictures, but I haven't put them on the computer yet.
Connor did great at hockey lessons again this past week. We bought him some more equipment as we are pretty sure he is going to stick with this for a while. It kind of eats up our Sunday, but it is totally worth it. Last week I took him skating, just the two of us and we had a blast. Then this week Brandon took Wednesday afternoon off and the three of us went. It is so cool to see people's reactions to him. Almost as good as when he first learned to ride his bike or swim across the pool.