Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day

OK, brag time. My kids truly have the most amazing Dad. He works hard to provide for them. When he isn't at work he spends every moment he can with them. I have no idea where he gets the energy. When he gets home from work we have dinner and on most nights he takes the boys outside to play for about 2 hours. On Monday's he even takes Ryan & Olivia along to the park as well. I can come along if I want to, but if I just want to get some stuff done or just relax that is totally fine too. He doesn't just hang out and watch either, he is totally interactive. He never asks for "guy time" or any special time away. He gets up at 6am so he can go the gym every morning that way when he gets home he can spend all of his time with the boys. I am blown away by his commitment to family every day. Then again when I hear him talk about his Dad (Pops) it sounds like he is just following example. So Thanks to Brandon (& Pops) for being great Dad's. Happy Father's Day!

So, for Father's Day I let Brandon decide what we would do. The day started with breakfast in bed. Egg sandwiches, NY style. Then church and then back home for time with the family. Brandon parents and Justin & Erin came over. We also had Erin, Ryan & Olivia over since Brett works on Sunday's. We had a great afternoon with the water slide and of course lots of yummy food. Everyone headed home & the kids slept. Then we rented a movie & Erin & the kids came back over to play. We had planned to go on a walk, but it was raining.

Brandon & I started the 3rd Pirates of the Caribbean movie last night. No way we could watch it all in one sitting. I am already confused. I think I am going to have to watch it 2 or 3 times. But really who has 10 hours to waste?