Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A true test of friendship

On Wednesday Erin called and we had the following conversation:
Erin: Are the kids sleeping

Me: Yes

Erin: Oh, never mind.

ME: What is it?

Erin: I don't want to bother you.

Me: Shut up , what's wrong.

Erin, We just got home and the A/C is out and it is like 90 degrees in our house and we are miserable and I don't want to wake the boys, so never mind.

ME: They are upstairs, just come over. (Erin cried)


So, Erin & the kids came over & waited for her A/C guy. He never showed up. So, we invited them to spend the night. Erin cried.

Thursday morning I made pancakes & had Ryan, Connor & Hudson hanging out with me while I got them all breakfast. I actually started to think, I could do this, I could have 3 kids. This is kind of nice. Then Olivia woke up and something clicked in the older 2 boys that said "I must torture my siblings!" Then the two little ones start whining and screaming. Then I realized I like our little family. We had a play date with Connor's friend Max, so instead of canceling we just made the date bigger. The A/C guy came & misdiagnosed the problem, so we invited them to spend another night with us. Erin cried. Then I got a call that someone wanted to see the house on Friday. Oh crap! Erin helped me clean the house & Brett offered to watch all 4 kids on Friday while I finished getting the place ready.

On Friday Erin & Brett went home to meet the A/C guy who finally got the right diagnosis. One problem, they wouldn't be able to get the part until Monday. We invited them to stay until then. Erin really cried that time. While they were gone I got the house totally ready. Then Erin headed to work so Brett and I took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese and Costco. We had a blast. Then Brandon & Brett took the kids out to dinner so Erin & I could have some time without 4 kids. If you have 4 kids God bless you. If you have more than 4, I have no sympathy for you... let's face it you knew what you were getting yourself into. Erin and I decided we would call our Dr.'s on Monday and go get our tubes tied together. You know how girls are...we do everything together!

Saturday we took a trip to the Zoo.... but I'll tell you all about that in another post. It really deserves it's own post.

Sunday we all went to church and then we took Connor to Skating lessons. I will post about that separately as well.

On Monday we spent some time together during the day & Erin took the kids home around 3pm as their house was cooled off by then. Connor & Hudson were in shock. This morning Hudson went looking for them and came to our bed and said "Where's Ryan?". Connor wants them to come back and just live here.

I've got to say we really had a good time. They were great house guests. Erin and I even started to understand the polygamists a little. We helped each other cook, clean, take care of the kids and we always had someone to talk to. Now, if it weren't for that whole sharing a husband thing! So, I guess we wont be moving to Utah any time soon. But, if we ever build a compound and decide to co-parent, we are moving Brett, Erin, Ryan & Olivia in!

The week had it's ups and downs, but we really had fun and we are all still speaking to each other. We even still like each other. Now that is a true test of friendship!

We both have great, helpful husbands!
Our BIG play date

Brandon set up a ramps course for the kids in the garage.

Hudson and Olivia (the future Mr.s Woods)

The boys got bored and decided to jump monster trucks over Hudson!