Thursday, October 9, 2008

Babysitters

Last Thursday I really needed to get some stuff done around the house so I asked Sam to come over and hang out with the boys. Sam is a kid from our church. He is 11 years old and a really great kid. The boys thought it was so cool to have a boy "babysitter". Connor kept asking me when I was going to leave! Sam did the dishes, he helped Connor with his homework (without being asked) and he offered to help me pack while the boys watched a cartoon. He carried garbage downstairs and boxes upstairs. He was awesome! Not sure how many 11 year old boys I could say all of that nice stuff about. I guess that is one advantage to having 2 boys. I can have a boy babysitter. Brandon always wished he was allowed to babysit as a teenager, but no one ever asked.
That is one thing we have really been blessed with, great babysitters. Tara, Danielle, Amelia and now Sam. Not to mention all of the adults who help us out.