Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The battle begins

You are all familiar with the food battles we went through with Connor. If you are not, just read some posts from about a year ago. Be warned, there was a lot of puking! Since then the kid has made a complete turn around. He eats squash, edamame ( soy beans), beans of all kinds, sausage, just about everything we give him. The only food he still hates is broccoli. It is all about the texture. That's OK, cause I use broccoli as my threat food. You know, "you better eat that or I will make you broccoli!". Sorry, broccoli, but I had to do it!

Hudson has always eaten whatever we gave him. I never cooked special for him. I learned my lesson with the Connor. That being said, Hudson has been on a stubborn streak with food lately. For example, last night he refused to eat anything but green beans. So, when Connor was done eating he and Brandon headed out for a bike ride and Hudson sat at the table. I got up and did the dishes and told him that as soon as he finished his sausage and potatoes he could join them. He sat there for 40 minutes and never took another bite. Then he sat in time out for 10 minutes then I sent him upstairs. That kid is hard headed!!! But don't worry, Brandon and I are well trained in the food battle. And we are planning a surge. We all know how well a surge can work!