Friday, August 24, 2007

The dentist

This morning we got up bright & early and headed to the dentist. It was Hudson's first visit. Before they are 3 years old the dental exam is done in Mommy's lap. Hudson sat in my lap facing me, the dentist & I then sit knee to knee & I lay Hudson down. He did great He opened his mouth for the dentist without a fight. The dentist said that besides an overbite Hudson's teeth look great and whoever is brushing them gets an A+. That would be Brandon.
Since Connor is now 3 he gets to go see the dentist all alone. Actually he gets to go to a room with a bunch of other kids. No parents allowed. I love this. Kids are so much braver when we aren't there. They cleaned his teeth, took x-rays and gave him a fluoride treatment. Actually they took 1 x-ray to be exact. The technician came out to me & said "we could only get one x-ray, Connor has a really bad gag reflex". I said "you should try feeding him broccoli".
They were both very well behaved. I was thrilled. If you live in the Orlando area and need a dentist for your kids, drop me a line. This dentist is amazing!
I had a Dr.'s appointment that afternoon and Pop's was busy and Erin was working and all of the kids went back to school so I was stuck without a sitter. So, I dropped the boys off at Monkey Joe's & Brandon met us there & stayed with the kids to play. The new MJ's is very close to the shop so he didn't have to be gone very long. It is nice to have a husband who can leave work at a moments notice. Especially when his wife has known about her Dr.'s appointment for a week and forgot to get a sitter until the day before.