Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Connor


Dear Connor,


Happy 4Th birthday. Wow, 4 years sure has gone by fast. I can so vividly remember the day you were born. It started out with me being very mad that you were late. By the time you are able to read this you will be very aware that I hate being late. But you sure were worth the wait. You totally changed my and your Dad's life. Thank God you did! You have taught me patience and unconditional love. Sometimes you remind me so much of myself as a kid and then you go and surprise me and remind me that you are your own person. In the past year you have learned to roller blade and you are beginning to master ice skating. You ride your scooter awesome and love to show us a new "trick" every day. You love swimming and you still love to ride your bike. You have been known to ride up to 5 miles. Who knows how long you will go, we always get tired first! The other day you told me you wanted to ride your bike like Lance Armstrong and swim like Michael Phelps. Let's just say you dream BIG. I am so happy that you do. No matter what you do in life I am sure you will give it your all and do your best. You make dad and me so proud every day. You have learned all of your letter sounds, how to write your name and you are even sounding out and spelling words. Your eating habits have totally changed. That was by far the hardest fought battle of the year. But dad and I didn't give up and you are better off for it. But, just for fun, one day I may come over to your house and puke on your dining room table. But only if you are serving broccoli.

We waited so long to hear you speak and now we can barely get you to stop talking long enough to get a word in. You are a hit during the children's message at church. I think the entire congregation waits to hear what you will say. I have heard so many of our church family say that you make their day with your funny comments. You are a pretty funny kid (you get that from me). Your enthusiasm lights up a room!

Right now you are slightly obsessed with Transformers and Speed Racer.
Whenever you are in trouble the first thing you say is "Mom, I think you are pretty". Which makes me think you are a smart kid and will make a great husband one day.

You have a huge heart and live to please those around you. Sometimes that worries me. Luckily the person you live to please the most is your daddy. He is your hero and he should be. I hope when you grow up you are able to remember all of the things daddy does with you. Since the day you were born he has been careful with his words and generous with his time and love. He has taught you to try your best and never give up. He spends every free moment he has with you and your brother. And all of his other moments are spent trying to give you the best life and opportunities possible. Right now he is trying to teach you how to "be your own man" and think for yourself. You won the Dad lottery kid!

I could probably write you a note a mile long about how wonderful I think you are and how much I love you, but then what would I write next year? So for now, my sweet boy I will just say I love you and Happy Birthday!
Love,
Mommy