Sunday, July 27, 2008

New York State of Mind!

So, on Thursday I hopped on a flight to NY to visit my family. Only a couple of family members knew I was coming up. So, for most it was a surprise. We celebrated my Aunt Mel's 60Th birthday. When I was growing up I was closer to my cousins than most people are to their siblings. Then in our 20's we all were starting our lives and really didn't hang out that much. But in the past few years they all have started getting back together more often. Lets just say that I don't know if I can really put into words how much I miss them. The only thing I can compare it to is that feeling when you break up with someone and you really don't want to. That heaviness in your chest, that hole in your heart. The plane ride home was full of mixed feelings. I was so happy to have seen everyone and had a good time and of course I was happy to be going home to my boys, but at the same time I was sad that I was going to miss the next family party. It was amazing to see everyone. Maybe it sounds silly, but just to get to sit and enjoy my crazy, loud, sometimes inappropriate family meant the world to me. I can't live without you guys! And I promise to NEVER EVER go that long between visits again. And I can almost guarantee that I will cry like a baby again next time too!
Me with my new cousin Mike (meek, as we call him)

My half of a rental car

The Rules

Me with Bri & Mikey

Cousins!

Me with Marissa & Julia

Me with Jen (beans)

Me with Joe (animal)

Me with Rina

Me with Teresa (skip)

I got to spend some time with some old friends and even have breakfast with my best friends from high school, Loretta. We hadn't seen each other in 13 years and you would have thought it was yesterday! The whole trip from beginning to end was great and just what I needed. I love you guys! See you in October!