Saturday, November 15, 2008

3, 2, 1 Blast Off!!

Last night we loaded up the boys, and Uncle Justin to go watch the shuttle launch form Kennedy Space Center. We drove over pretty early and found a parking spot about 1/2 mile from the water. Across the water we could see the launch pad. It was a night launch and that made it seem even more special. The boys were great considering they had to wait an hour for the launch. And really we left the house 3 hours before the launch.

Here is the shuttle on the launch pad as take off begins.
Blast off!
Connor watching from Uncle Justin's shoulders!
Thank goodness Uncle Justin came along, or those would have been my shoulders!
It was such a cool thing to watch the shuttle take off. We can see it from our house, but this was much cooler. We could hear it and feel it. The boys loved it. I would like to share my video with you, but I was so into watching it that I hit the off button and only got 2 seconds of it!