Sunday, November 16, 2008

Berkley!

We had a very special guest at our home this weekend. Berkley the bear. Connor is Star Student of the Week at school. This means that he got to take home Berkley for the weekend and we needed to fill out Berkley's travel log with what he did all weekend and pictures too! It also means that he gets to lead the pledge, be line leader and update the calender. Oh, and bring in something for show & tell on Friday. Let's just say that Connor was kind of excited about this. OK, he was ecstatic! So, Brandon and I usually have a rule that we try to leave toys at home. And when toys do make it to the car they do not leave the car. That way we don't worry about losing them. Plus, we are not stuffed animal people. The kids each have 1 stuffed toy and that toy only leaves their beds to be cleaned. Since we all have allergies I try to keep dust collectors out of their rooms. That being said, this weekend we broke all of the rules! Here is the entry we put in Berkley's Travel Log:

Hi Everybody! I can’t wait to tell you about my fun weekend with Connor. As soon as I got in to his Mom’s car Connor called his Dad to tell him he was Star Student of the Week! Connor’s brother, Hudson was very sad that his class does not have a Berkley of their own.
On Friday night Connor took me with his family for a long car ride. We went all the way to the beach to watch the space shuttle take off. That’s the shuttle behind me.

I even got to go for a ride on Connor’s Uncle Justin’s shoulders. It sure was high up there!

When we got home Connor read me a story before bed. Did you know that Connor can read 5 books all by himself!!
After Connor fell asleep his Dad came into the room and explained that it wasn’t anything personal, but since he didn’t know if I had ever been washed I had to sleep in the freezer to kill any germs on me. I thought it sounded pretty crazy. Good thing I am covered with fur or I would have been very cold! But don’t worry I had good company in there. His Mom buys LOTS of ice cream. On Saturday morning I had to say goodbye to Connor for a little while so he could go play soccer. His team is the Rangers. His team won 12-5 and Connor even scored a goal!

After the soccer game, Connor came home and took me for a bike ride with his brother and his Dad. I got to ride on the front of Connor’s bike. He sure does ride fast! That night Connor’s friend Max came over for dinner with his Mommy and Daddy. Some of you might remember Max from school last year. We sure did have fun playing Transformers and Star Wars. Before bed Connor read me some more stories. That night I got to sleep in Connor’s room. I sure was glad I didn’t have to sleep in the freezer again!

Then on Sunday morning Connor’s Dad woke us up super early so we could get ready for church. I got to meet lots of nice people there. I even got to go to Sunday School with Connor. His Mom & Dad are the teachers. They are very good teachers. When we got home from church we all had a pizza picnic on the family room floor while we watched a cartoon. Then the whole family packed up and went to the park for a bike ride. That afternoon Connor & his Mom took me to the movies to see Madagascar 2. It was a FUNNY movie!
I sure did have a great weekend with Connor & his family.