Saturday, January 12, 2008

Fishy business

This morning I was going to go on a walk with some friends from church. Brandon ended up having to work at the last minute so that squashed my plans. I thought i might try to take the kids, but Connor decided to sleep in that morning. The ladies called me & asked if I would like to join them for breakfast. I got the kids ready in record time & met them at the restaurant. When I got there my wonderful friends had positioned the kids so neither was sitting next to me. Then they proceeded to entertain, cut their food and make sure they ate. I got to drink my coffee while it was hot. I ate my food at a leisurely pace. It was nice! Then Judy looked at me and asked if I had any plans. I said no and she said "can we have your kids?'. Kathy (Tara's Mom) handed me the key to her beautiful brand new Acura TSX. They whisked the kids away and left me there with a beautiful car. I drove to the mall. I tried on clothes I didn't even need just because I could! I went to a book store. Oh, the joy of taking my time in a bookstore!


Judy & Kathy took the boys to Kathy's to get Bruce (Tara's Dad) and then they went to the park where they met with Cool Janet (Connor named her that). They played with the boys a while and then all went back to Bruce & Kathy's. They have a pond in their back yard. The four of them took the boys fishing and Connor caught his first fish. They were fed ice cream & who knows what else! The boys had a blast! When Connor tells the story the fish gets bigger every time. He said they had to throw it back into the water so it can get bigger. Then he said "maybe next time it will be a shark!".


We are so blessed with AMAZING friends. I can't say it enough. We are surrounded by amazing people who love our kids. These are the kind of friends who drop everything to do you a favor. We love you guys!!