Monday, January 7, 2008

weekend

Saturday morning Pops took Connor to home depot to make their monthly project. They made a castle that opens. He has decided to use it as a bank.
We went over to Paul (one of our minister's) and Marci's. Brandon went to repair a hole in their garage ceiling. Looks like while the good minister was putting away his Christmas decoration he put a foot through the drywall. Well, while they were at home depot Brandon & Paul decided to purchase some attic stairs & install them. Brandon went back while the kids were napping & started the project.
On Sunday I had promised John (another of our ministers) and Judy that I would bring them a meal. Judy had some surgery a few weeks ago and I didn't get on the team to bring them meals, but I thought they could still use one. Their kids both just left to go back to college so I made them a romantic dinner of chicken Marsala, bread, salad, wine. I had dessert, but forgot it at home and was forced to eat it myself. I also made them a huge lasagna for their freezer to be enjoyed when the kids come home to visit.
I guess this was a good deeds weekend. Fells good to do something nice for someone else. But we really need some stuff done around here too. We will have to get started next weekend. There are toys everywhere in the playroom! It is driving me crazy. I had a place for everything and then Christmas happened. I want custom shelves so I will have to wait for Brandon to build them.
Oh, and on Sunday I was ordained, along with some good friends as an Elder in our church. It was a nice ceremony. I found out that I am on 2 committees as well. Teach me to miss the first meeting where everyone picks their committee. So, I will have a minimum of 3 meetings a month. Plus I have a retreat in February. Looks like Brandon is going to get even more quality time with the kids.