Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Hudson's Perfect Day

This morning Hudson was in our bed at 5:45 AM. Yes I said AM! He is usually in our bed before 7am, but not before 6. Brandon put him back down and must have performed some sort of magic spell. Both boys slept until 7:45. Yeah me! After Hudson and I dropped Connor off at school we went straight to IKEA for a couple of things. We got there about 1/2 hour early and had no where to go. Everything was closed. So we went to the Mall and walked for a while until things were open. I was terrified that Hudson would start to get bored / tired / hungry...in other words CRANKY. I really had a bunch of things to do and I needed him to be good. So we left the mall and went over to Old Navy for some shorts for Connor... Hudson behaved. Then off to IKEA for some BPA free plastic plates & cups for the boys, and a picnic table for them . Not exactly on the list, but cheap and oh so cute! I broke out my secret weapon while shopping, a lolly pop. It works every time. Keeps him quiet and keeps at least one hand busy. He was so well behaved I even dared to go over to the outlets and get his feet measured, bought him shoes and PJ's for both. He was good ALL DAY. I mean it, he really was. Then when we got home he pooped on the toilet. Yeah!
We all ate dinner at the picnic table. That was a mistake. Maybe one day i will have the strength to write about it.