Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial day weekend

We had a very nice Memorial Day weekend. I did not take the camera out once. I can't believe I did not capture one picture the entire weekend.


Friday: Brandon and Brett took Connor and Ryan to see Speed Racer at the movie theatre. It was Connor's first movie since Pops took him to see Cars for his 2ND birthday. So, it was a pretty big deal. They had popcorn AND candy, but I made them pack juice. Connor loved it. Erin and Olivia came over for a date with me & Hudson. We took the little ones for a walk and put them in my double stroller together. On the walk Hudson put his fingers in Olivia's hair and asked her "You gonna marry me?" She promptly said "No!" But, I really can't blame her, he had been sticking his feet in her face during almost the entire walk. His first proposal shot down!


Saturday: We got up early (cause that's what we do). Brandon made pancakes and french toast. The we headed over to Freddy & Katina's house. They live in a great community with a giant pool, clubhouse and even a restaurant. Brett, Erin & the kids went as well. The kids had fun swimming and Connor suddenly remembered everything from last year. He made it all the way across their pool!. Hudson jumped in and under about 50 times. That kid is a fish! It rained so we all went into the club house and had lunch. It was a great family fun! Then we sped home, got the kids a nap, got them fed and Brandon's parents came over so Brandon and I could head out to a party. We went to a friend from church's home for a beer and wine tasting party. The instructions were to bring something different to drink and an appetizer. I made my Aunt Carol's sausage bread. Though, maybe I should call it my cousin Joe's bread since he was the one who gave me the recipe. Anyway, it was a major hit. A few people asked me for the recipe. We brought a beer from Italy. I have no idea what it was called, but it tasted pretty good. I don't really drink beer anymore, but I had fun tasting all of the different kinds. The had a huge world map and put each bottle on the country where the beer came from. The you told the bartender what you wanted and she would pout you a little taste in a small cup. If you wanted a bottle you could have that as well. I think Brandon tasted every beer. Some were NASTY. But it was super fun. What a great idea for a party.


Sunday: We went to church and after lunch we took the kids to a local state park called Lake Lotus. It was beautiful. Wish I had my camera there. Lots of beautiful trees and wildlife. They had a ton of parks for the kids and a place to fish. We saw a bunch of turtles and even a wild gator. (go figure in Florida)


Monday: We got up and went for an early bike ride with Brett, Erin & the kids. Hudson rode over a mile before Brandon had to put him on the back of his bike. Connor did at least 3 miles and we all had a blast. Since Brett had to go to work that afternoon we invited Erin & the kids to come over and hang out with us. As usual the kids played great together.

We were all beat last night. I am still kind of tired. I think we need a few day of rest to recover from our nonstop weekend!