Monday, May 5, 2008

Party, or should I say Partido!

On Saturday Brandon had to work so Pops came over & took Connor to Home Depot for the monthly project. It was an adorable vase filled with wooden flowers. I will post a picture when I do my mother's day post. I spent the morning getting the house ready. We had a realtor come over and take pics. As of today our house is for sale... again. So, we will see what happens this time. We don't really know where we are going to move, we just know what we really want out of a house this time.


After the realtor left we went to a friends house to celebrate their daughters college graduation. We met Krystin when she was 15 years old and now she is heading out into the real world. Kinda makes me feel old, but I am very proud of her. Plus, now I can take her out for a beer!


We left that party, had a quick dinner and went to a neighbors for another party. It was Sophia's 4th birthday. Connor & Sophia play together about 4 times a week. Only problem is Sophia's Mom doesn't really speak English. Her Dad speaks a little, but not much. This made the party very interesting. All of the adults spoke Spanish. A couple spoke some English. But, somehow it worked out. They had a bounce house and a pinata. In their culture the kids do not hit the pinata, they just pull a string. Sophia's mother made an awesome cake. One of the best I have ever had. She even made home made caramel filling for the cake. By the time bedtime came around the kids were wired!